Monday, March 07, 2005

Teresa Heinz: Bush Win Suspicious

From NewsMax.com. And no, this is not yesterday's headline. This is what she is saying right now, which the Seattle Post-Intelligencer overheard. Specifically, she says:
Two brothers own 80 percent of the machines used in the United States...[and it would be] very easy to hack into the mother machines.
I don't know what she's talking about. Here in northern New Jersey, we're still using the Print-O-Matic mechanical voting machines with the built-in hand-crank printer. I've worked as an election inspector and judge, and I can tell you right now that such "hacking" is impossible with such a machine. Now the machine I really worry about is an electronic voting machine, or ballot terminal, especially if it has any connection with the outside world. But I don't believe that eighty percent of all voting machines are electronic.

Worse yet--Theresa, didn't we go over this rigmarole already? I seem to recall that Barbara Boxer made a jenny-ass of herself on the floor of the United States Senate on this issue back in January. So why are we hearing about it now?