Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Letter Threatens Violence Against Presbyterians' 'Anti-Jewish Attitudes'

Recently the Presbyterian Church (USA) voted to stop investing in companies doing business with or in Israel--a thoroughly wrongheaded policy, and one that sets them up to suffer the curses that God promised to Abraham that anyone would suffer who cursed him [Genesis 12]. But as wrongheaded as this is, this latest anonymous threat is even more wrong.

Here is an apparent excerpt:
Their [sic] will be Arson attacks against Presbyterian Churches with people inside there will be bloodshed. I promise violence against Presbyterian Churches - They will go up in flames, bet you're [censored] that's a terrorist threat.


To which I say unequivocally: Knock it off! Leave the business of making terrorist threats to Osama bin Laden and his bunch. I have my own grounds for disagreeing with the PC-USA, but my solution is simply never to darken their doors--and besides, I'm an Independent Baptist. But threats like these are as inexcusable as they are cowardly.