Tuesday, November 09, 2004

More Secessionist Blather

Herewith the most detailed statement of the new "secessionist" sentiment on the part of liberals who, for once, know what it feels to be shut-out of the corridors of power: A New Declaration of Independence for New England (And All the Other "Blue States")

I have just a few comments:
  1. Our Founding Fathers never intended to separate religion and government--and least of all those who came from New England. Thomas Jefferson's famous Danbury Baptist Letter is not part of the Constitution and probably is quoted out-of-context.
  2. A society that murders its unborn children and allows people with a reversible psychiatric illness to abuse the trappings of marriage cannot long stand.
  3. We did not start this war with the Muslims. They started it. They started it on June 5, 1968 with the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy.
Again, if someone wants to ask for dhimmitude, then it is for him to find out just what a raw deal that is. But I don't believe a word of this, because I don't think even this blogger has thought the matter through.

UPDATE: Now I remember who first stated that "without the Blue States, the Red States would have nothing": Geraldine Ferraro. She said it on Hannity and Colmes. Well, fine--what I said still stands. But right now Rush Limbaugh is pointing out that many of the "talented" people were not born in the Blue States at all, but in the Red. Just because they now reside in the Blue States doesn't mean that they came from the Blue States. This also means that there's more talent where the old talent came from.

If it really is talent, that is. My fellow churchman once told me, "I take my movies the way I take my alcoholic beverages"--which is to say, not at all. And considering what has happened to the movies since the abolition of the Hays Office, I can't blame him. No shame--and no talent, either, or very little of it. So, look here, Geraldine: Don't talk to me about how poor you think you'd leave the rest of us. That's worldly thinking, anyway.