Monday, June 12, 2006

WorldNetDaily: Ad Age columnist suggests Coulter kill herself

Don't believe WorldNetDaily? Read it for yourselves. Hint: Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. After rounding on several other media people, columnist Simon Dumenco actually suggests that the only comparable remedy to Ann Coulter's book is her death.

Pardon me, but isn't that a threat? I suppose that if the FBI investigated every columnist who ever wished another person ill or dead, half the media would be in prison. But still...!

Nor is this all. Two New Jersey Assemblywomen have demanded that all New Jersey booksellers refuse to stock Ann Coulter's latest book, Godless: the Church of Liberalism. (To anticipate one obvious question: No, they were not stupid enough to try to introduce a bill to forbid anyone to buy or sell her book in New Jersey. They knew that would never fly.) Sorry, Assemblywomen Quigley and Stender. I have sent off for that book, and I will have a review of it in this space. I don't need you or any other liberal to tell me what's in that book--and I don't give an unripe fig what you think of it.