Monday, January 17, 2005

More on the Amanious Case

John Hinderaker at Power Line has this tip, that he got from one of his readers: one of Mr. Amanious' cousins worked as a translator for the prosecution team in the criminal trial of Lynne Stewart, the lawyer who took representation of her client to the point of smuggling messages out to members of his terror cell. Rocket Man also reminds me of something I had forgotten when I read the first account of the murders in The Star-Ledger (Newark): the first press accounts stated that nothing was missing from the home. But now we hear that the bodies had been robbed and the house burglarized.

This makes me furious. Which is it? Robbery--or a terrorist hit? Frankly, it would not have surprised me had the political murders taken the money and jewelry to make it look like robbery--and to use that money and jewelry to buy guns, ammo, and/or explosives.

And what I want to know is: Why are the Jersey City Police engaged in managing the news?

Once again, I would ask that the United States Senate seat a Select Committee on Religious Ideals and their Consequences. Maybe the Senate will act--if Mel Gibson turns up dead, as Theo van Gogh did.