Thursday, January 27, 2005

NewsMax.com: The ADL Calls Ted Turner a Recidivist

Webster defines recidivism as "a tendency to relapse into a previous condition or mode of behavior"--always something wrong and usually criminal. No, I'm sure that Abe Foxman at the Anti-defamation League doesn't mean to say that Ted Turner is a crook. But, Foxman says, he and his group asked Ted Turner nicely not to say such things as he said, Ted Turner said that it wouldn't happen again, and then it just did!

I congratulate you, Abe. I didn't think you had it in you to criticize a fellow liberal--especially when you let Bill Clinton's FBI crib from your own notes before the Y2K non-event when they put together their report alleging all manner of terrorist activity from Christian quarters.

But in all fairness to you, as NewsMax.com makes clear, you really didn't appreciate it when Ted Turner made stupid remarks about Jews and Nazis, not once but twice, during the Clinton years. You said so, and I remember that he apologized, and lo and behold, he did it a third time. Don't you hate it when that happens?

The trouble is that you have a chequered record yourself. If I were you, I'd remember the proverb about hyalo-economics and petroballistics--excuse me, that's my education in ancient Greek talking. I meant to say "glass houses" and "stone-throwing."