Monday, April 04, 2005

NewsMax.com: Zogby Finds Americans Wanted Terri to Live

You see? Ask correct questions, and you'll get correct answers. Previous polls on the subject of Terri Schindler Schiavo had suggested that Americans would not have wanted any effort made to let Terri live. But John Zogby, to his credit, went back and re-phrased the questions. John Zogby is the only pollster who makes this kind of extra effort to find out what the American public really think. Everyone else is engaging in push-polling, as far as I'm concerned. While I probably disagree with John Zogby and his brother James on a number of issues (especially as regards Muslim-Christian and Muslim-American relations), I commend John Zogby for taking an active interest in the truth.

Understand this: I don't take a stand on the basis of any polls. (Which is why some who have commented on my blog think I'm a jerk, but never mind.) I take my stands on the truth, and on the facts as I observe them, as best as I can understand them. John Zogby's new findings have caused me to regain some of the respect I had lost for my fellow citizens and lawful residents. But it has not affected my confidence in the rightness of my position, because I already knew I was right, and I'm not afraid to say that.