Wednesday, April 19, 2006

WorldNetDaily: Lie down with strippers, wake up with pleas

Make that "pleadings," the formal name for legal papers. Ann Coulter ought to know: she's a lawyer. And I ought to know: I've been involved in more than my share of lawsuits, and given more than my share of depositions and interrogatories.

In the wake, not only of the Duke lax scandal but also of the sad death of Natalee Holloway on Aruba, Ann Coulter has finally said what I've been saying all along: that none of this would have happened to those lax players at Duke if they hadn't hired two ecdysiasts. And interestingly enough, Ann also says that if something did happen to the ecdysiast who is now crying rape, it wouldn't have happened if she weren't...well, an ecdysiast.

She says, and I agree, that bad judgment on my part doesn't excuse a crime on someone else's part. But bad judgment is bad judgment. And lately, certain people in the news have shown some of the worst judgment outside of the Darwin Awards.

Best of all, Ann reminds us of the Christian answer to sin: that we can never pay back for it, but Christ made all the payback we need.